Developing a service for a new business registration and opening a bank account online using myDSS application to generate a qualified digital signature
«The results of an innovative project implemented in cooperation with SafeTech allow new entrepreneurs to prepare a complete package of documents for registration of a legal entity, process and pay the state fee, and then transfer the documents to the registrar in just 10 minutes. In this project, PSB together with SafeTech eventually saved people from going to the Federal Tax Service and using the sophisticated legacy cryptographic information protection hardware thanks to the mobile QDS.
The introduction of a new service in our bank has made available the automatic opening of current accounts. Therefore, we are talking about the business registration service as the mainstream of attracting customers.”
Vice President of the Small and Medium Business Unit
The project background and objectives
The PromSvyazBank’s strategy relating the mass segment, the most numerous and small-sized companies, includes attracting well established SMB companies as well as “nurturing” young companies, helping entrepreneurs with promising ideas. This is a part of the initiative for remote servicing of legal entities in the Microbusiness segment. The initiative assumed introduction of a promising digital service for registering a new business and opening a current account online. The service is aimed to make these procedures for entrepreneurs easier, to make them accessible literally on a smartphone. The development and launch of the service required solving of many organizational, legal and technological issues, including the choice of technologies for a qualified digital signature (QDS) generation with a smartphone.
We have identified the following criteria for choosing solutions and technologies:
- an ability of promptly providing the potential customer with a QDS tool without him visiting the Bank and without the need to install a complex hardware/software solution;
- ease of integrating the solution into the Bank’s business processes while eliminating the need to integrate the digital signature generation mechanism into information systems;
- minimizing of financial, organizational, and technical costs compared with previously used digital signature tools.
- The detailed analysis of possible solutions resulted in the choice of the first Russian certified CryptoPro myDSS application based on SafeTech PayControl mobile authentication and digital signature platform and CryptoPro DSS technology for signing documents with legal effect directly on the smartphone.
CryptoPro myDSS is a joint product of CryptoPro and SafeTech based on the CryptoPro DSS cloud-based electronic signature system and PayControl digital transaction authorization system.
Features of the CryptoPro myDSS software package:
- myDSS application shows the electronic document and generates an authorization for its signing on the CryptoPro DSS signature server;
- cryptographic authentication and secure channel between the application and the CryptoPro DSS server ensure that only a legitimate user can use the signature keys;
- a certified CryptoPro HSM stores non-extractable digital signature keys of users.
The developed and launched service is a kind of “investment” in the SMB segment. It does not require a would-be entrepreneur to visit a PSB office, the tax office, or a municipal services office, and is absolutely free of charge. Moreover, the service supports new entrepreneurs aiming to their further growth. Thus, once the business is registered, a customer can open a bank account remotely for free and connect remote service using personal account. For six months, maintaining an account for new customers is free. Later, the successfully developing customers are promoted; they are assigned a personal customer manager who is involved in their subsequent development.
Results and business effect
PSB has simplified the process of a new business registration to its potential customers. An entrepreneur who wants to register a legal entity can fill out a request on the PSB website. All actions will take no more than 10 minutes. You only have to fill in the required fields in order to generate a package of incorporating documents and issue a qualified digital signature, upload a passport scan, and specify the address for a bank manager to come. The manager will visit the customer at the indicated time to confirm the customer’s identity. After that, the entrepreneur needs to download the myDSS application on his mobile phone to use the QDS. The comprehensive solution by CryptoPro and SafeTech allows you to issue a full-fledged qualified digital signature to sign document on a smartphone.
You can also sign documents and send them for registration to the Federal Tax Service through a mobile application, without installing additional software on your computer. The whole process of sending documents takes 1-2 minutes. The Federal Tax Service will process the application within 5 business days and return the complete package to the customer. Once the business is registered, the customer can remotely open an account at PSB and connect to online and mobile banking services using personal account.
The implementation of CryptoPro DSS allowed PSB to attain the following results:
- the time for generating a package of incorporating documents on the bank’s website reduced to 10 minutes;
- the average number of service users exceeded 500 potential customers per month in the first half of 2019;
- 9 out of 10 submitted applications result in timely and successfully business registration and a current account opened with PSB.